There you are in the mirror, and you’re staring at it. And it’s staring at you. And you pull at it. It falls back out-of-place. Finally after doing this go round for a good twenty minutes, you’re panting, frustrated, and out of ideas. Doing your hair in the morning might just be the most work out you’ve gotten since high school gym, but it doesn’t have to be. Not if you have a bag of braided hairstyles to whip out when you’re out of time or solutions. Aside from the fact that this age-old hair styling technique was all over the spring 2012 runways, it is ideal for bad weather, running late, and adding a little “something” to your overall look.
Peep 4 easy go-to braided looks to update your tresses with little stress.
The Milkmaid Halo
Probably the sweetest style on our list, the milkmaid halo is the perfect vintage braided hairstyle to pair with your up-to-date threads. For a how-to on the milkmaid halo go here.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night