Well this is interesting. Over the weekend VOGUE’s Andre Leon Talley and couture designer Ralph Rucci, celebrated Ralph Rucci’s Lifetime Achievement Award given by the Savannah College of Art & Design with an over the top exhibit of Ralph Rucci’s work. Fashionista had the pleasure of getting the low down on why Beyoncé was late for the Met gala two weeks ago, the usage of the word couture and why Kim Kardashian was not invited to the Met Gala. Read on…
Beyoncé being late for the Met ball
Andre Leon Talley: Beyoncé was not slated to come. She decided to come last-minute when the dress [which he later said took 350 hours to sew] arrived at her house. She tried it on and then she said, ‘okay, I have to come.’ She did arrive at 8:55 and the ball had already started but it didn’t matter because she is Beyoncé.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles