Since we know celebrities for their present fame, it’s easy to assume that they were born rapping, modeling, acting, and walking red carpets. Well, not quite. We’ve found 10 celebs who paid their dues in college. These bold and brilliant movers and shakers are graduates of Ivy League schools, and Historically Black Colleges. They spent time hitting the books and completing their courses of study, and putting education first.
Check out 10 smarty pants celebs in the gallery below.
Singer/songwriter John Legend graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in English, and was asked to give the commencement address for the graduating class of 2009.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past