Protective styling, a rather new term that has been thrown around since many women are opting to have natural hair these days and aren’t interested in submitting to relaxers anymore. Instead of letting the world see how their hair is transitioning, women are wearing full heads of weaves and wonder wigs to stay fly despite what is going on with their natural hair.
Protective styling has been proven to be an amazing alternative for women who are looking to grow out their hair during the summer months too, as sun damage can decrease the rate of hair growth. So if you don’t know what to do with your hair this summer, look to these stars for protective styling inspiration:
Beyoncé is known for her wigs! We don’t think she has ever been pictured without a wig on, and maybe that’s best!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process