“Move over Naomi, there’s a new diva in town,” is how Cadbury opted to promote their new Bliss chocolate bar, poking fun at Catwalk Queen, Naomi Campbell’s, rich skin color. The supermodel is furious. Campbell told the Independent, ”I am shocked. It’s upsetting to be described as chocolate, not just for me, but for all black women and black people. I do not find any humor in this. It’s insulting and hurtful.”
The ad features an image of the candy propped on a tower of sparkling diamonds with Naomi’s name largely printed above the bar. Social rights groups across the globe are in support of Naomi’s opposition of the offensive ad. In the UK. Operation Black Vote called for a boycott of all Cadbury products. Of course the Kraft owned brand argues the intent wasn’t to offend Naomi with their”light-hearted, socially pretentious campaign.” All billboards featuring the image have been taken down.
StyleBlazer’s, do you find this Cadbury ad offensive or do you think Naomi’s overreacting? Flip to the next page to see the Ad
-Metanoya Z. Webb
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos