Five decades following her death, Marilyn Monroe is still killing them. The blonde hair, red lips, and those hips have inspired many, including most of today’s pop stars and famous young actresses. The hit TV show, Smash, is based on her glamorous life cut short by tragedy. The icon—who would’ve turned 86-years-old last week Friday on the 1st of June—possessed a beauty, charm and presence that still lingers in 2012; due in part to these celebrity emulations. Many can dispute what she stood for, but no one can deny her influence. It is proof that she is irreplaceable.
But check out 9 stars imitating the fashion and movie icon as a form of flattery.
In the 2009 Dolce & Gabbana beauty ads, Scarlett personified Marilyn flawlessly and glamorously.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!