First Lady Michelle Obama stepped out last week in a look ripped straight from the runway. While promoting her new book, “American Grown: The Story of The White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America,” Mrs. O rocked a Degrade Toile de Joie dress from Boy. by Band of Outsiders. The dip-dyed floral shirt dress comes off a bit sporty on the runway under a shiny-hooded jacket, but the look became classic and demure on the graceful and statuesque First Lady, and was perfectly suited for her South Lawn promo appearance. On trend but never overtaken, she makes the dress all her own, cinching it with a rounded navy belt and topping it off with a pale blue cardigan.
Michelle Obama’s latest book, American Grown: The Story of The White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America, is available now on Crown Publishing.
We heart our healthy and fashion-forward First Lady!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process