Caribbean Week in New York 2012 brought some much-needed island fun to our bleaky city last week. Produced by the Caribbean Tourism Organization, the event is a “celebration of the sights, sounds, colors, culture, and unique vacation experiences of the Caribbean.” It kicked off on Monday, June 4th, featuring a host of daily events through to Saturday, ending with a fashion show during the Fashion, Trade, & Arts Expo.
Seven dynamic designers, representing seven different Caribbean islands, showed up to show out with collections of colorful, printful, and artful designs that transported the tropics to us. The lineup included Carolina Frasia of Guyana, Donna Weeks of St. Vincent, Indira Moss of The Bahamas, Yddy Clarus of Guadalupe, Dayanne Danier of Haiti, and Carla Hazel of Dominica.
Check out the fashions from Caribbean Week in New York 2012 in the following pages.
Carol Fraser – Guyana
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night