It’s a well-known fact in the Fashion Industry that plus-sized models don’t get many opportunities because the sleek, pseudo-anorexic body shape is seen as the ideal silhouette for glamorous and elegant women. Well Italian Vogue editor Franca Sozzani has something to say about that, and she’s using her “fashion bible” publication as a pulpit to prove that all body shapes are beautiful. Their new cover for June/July 2011 features plus-sized models: Tara Lynn, Candice Huffine and Robyn Lawley and they are all pictured in spicy, curve emphasizing lingerie shot by the one and only Steven Meisel.
This is just the latest campaign by Sozzani to change the fashion status quo with regard to body types. Already this year, she started a new section on the vogue.it website catered to plus-sized women?
Chime in on this one StyleBlazers – What do you feel about the fashion industry’s obsession with sleek, bony/anorexic physiques?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night