There are countless beauty salons in New York City, but many of us are creatures of habit. We often find a decent nail technician or hair stylist and stick to the script. Every now and then, however, word-of-mouth prevails and we’re prompted to explore a new spot. Brooklyn’s Tomahawk Salon and its resident nail art guru, Fleury Rose, popped up on our radar and we were Bushwick bound. Between the whimsical energy of the space and its dozens of nail designs—neon and glitter galore—you’ll understand why everyone from Chanel Iman to Rooney Mara pays her a visit to upgrade their fingertips.
The fascination with nail art has exploded over the past year thanks to celebs like Lady Gaga and Rihanna. But for Fleury Rose, a nail kit her grandmother gave her in elementary school is what first planted the seed. She moved to NYC after college and began hosting nail parties with friends. These gatherings caught the attention of salon owner Chantal Savaresse (who Fleury refers to as the Mama Bird) and she was roped in to join the team two years ago.
Turn the page for deets on the Bushwick-based salon →
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos