Those animal-loving activists over at PETA aren’t all hugs and bunnies, and their ‘pet-name’ for the Olsen twins prove it. PETA dubbed the actors—formerly known as Michelle Tanner—”the Trollsen twins.” And Mary-Kate and Ashley’s $16,900 fur patchwork backpack is to blame for PETA’s latest public smear campaign against them. According to TooFab, PETA released the following statement:
“If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it’s probably a Trollsen Twin—or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 fur totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals. What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value. Sadly, it’s the foxes, calves, and alligators—who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain—who pay the dearest price” — TooFab.
Apparently, PETA has always had the name for MK & A. But their hatred for fashion’s ‘furry’ twins wasn’t always this intense, til now. The Olsen’s approval rating has reached an all time low with the group, and PETA’s cleverly doctored old Full House video, titled “Full House of Horrors,” proves it. Watch it below!
StyleBlazers, whose side are you on in this furry fight?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night