In what seems long overdue, Bajan beauty and “Hard” fashion head Rihanna graces the August 2012 issue of Harper’s Bazaar. Rih Rih holds down the cover in a smoldering white hot look that contrasts her black shaven hairstyle. Styled by her very own personal stylist, Mel Ottenberg, for the editorial, Rih Rih rocks looks from Emporio Armani, Tom Ford, Alexander Wang, and Balmain. In barely there makeup by Mylam Morales, Rihanna is striking in a calmed-down and quiet way, in this minimalist spread. In the interview, the outspoken rude gal is totally uncensored, while remaining her photogenically gifted self.
For the first time, Rihanna admits that she isn’t the bad girl she is known for when it comes to love:
(I am) rebellious through my music, through my fashion, tattoos, and my hair. I have been conservative in my love life… it’s pretty much nonexistent. If I come across someone who I find really cool, I’ll hang out. But the minute I find that we’re getting too close I just—I don’t let people in.
The August issue of Harper’s Bazaar hits stands July 17th. Until then, check out the rest of the shoot below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!