Our First Lady, Michelle Obama, looked absolutely radiant in her J. Mendel Resort 2013 jacket and pleated skirt as she attended the Head of State and Government Reception at Buckingham Palace for the Olympics Opening Ceremony.
While controversy has sparked regarding the $6,800 price tag of our FLOTUS’ embroidered jacket, we say that her ensemble was more than appropriate for the occasion. Keep in mind, being the First Lady of the United States comes with perks that include gifted designer items. Who is to say that Michelle Obama would personally spend close to $7,000 on a single piece of clothing? That said, we look forward to more breathtaking looks from our FLOTUS. But we want to hear from you!
Was Michelle O’s outerwear too obnoxiously expensive?
- The 14 Best Drugstore Beauty Brands That Are Tried & True (Now We Can’t Live Without Them!)
- 15 Staple Spring & Summer Every Girl Should Own (Must-Haves For Your Warm Weather Wardrobe)
- 15 Of The Hottest Male Olympians On Team USA (Ryan Lochte Is Just The Beginning!)
- 15 Of Janet Jackson’s Most Iconic Magazine Covers (From Pinup Girl To Hot Couture, JJ Is Timeless!)
- 14 Celeb Black Bachelors Who Are Over 40 & Still Single (As Far As We Know)
- 14 Celebs Who Look GREAT With No Makeup (Natural Beauty IS Real!)
- 14 Celebrities Who Married Non-Celebrities (Is This The Key To A Lasting Relationship?)
- 7 Celeb Women Who Traded Up After The Breakup (Talk About A Rebound Guy)
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night