Hey StyleBlazers, welcome to Season 3 - Episode 2 of our exclusive web series, How I Made It.
About This Episode
Sam Fine is truly renowned in the world of women's beauty. A coveted celebrity makeup artist with a star-studded clientele consumed with A-listers such as Patti Labelle, Janet Jackson, Vanessa Williams, Tyra Banks and more. Charming, genuine and passionate about his work, it was an extreme honor for StyleBlazer to speak exclusively with Sam Fine as our first Male industry insider to profile on "How I Made It."
Born and raised in Chicago, IL, Mr. Fine discovered early on that he was artistic and it was not long afterwards that he moved to New York City as a 17 year old to pursue a career as an Illustrator. This is where his story began, but it would take him to heights in the beauty world that he never imagined. From his first celebrity client Naomi Campbell, to being the first African America spokesperson for Revlon and CoverGirl, to his current role as Creative Makeup Director for Fashion Fair Cosmetics, Sam Fine has had an incredible journey that was not always easy. Through the support of strong parents and great friends he has remained humble and enrichingly blessed. Watch Sam Fine as he recounts how he made it.
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuel
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor