Although makeup tends to be worn light in the summer, the cat eye trend has surpassed all beauty rules this season. Celebrities like Jessie J and Thandie Newton have taken the look straight from fall runways shows to the summer red carpet. From dramatic and thick to thin and subtle, the retro Bridget Bardot inspiration is easy to do.
Use a smudge-proof liquid liner to line the top or bottom edge of your eyes. Curve upwards, following your lash pattern along the crease of your eye. Stop where you choose. For a more dramatic look, carry the black liner the length of your eyebrow like Cassie (left). To stay on the tame side, go for a blended look like Zoë Saldana (right) using a dark eyeshadow.
Click through to to see how our fave celebs rock this look!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!