It’s still hard to fathom that we’ve lost our octave defying songbird, Whitney Houston. But we choose to celebrate her life. She would’ve turned 49 on Thursday, so we’re looking back and sharing smiles over her iconic music video style. “The Voice” was the single most fabulous woman ever in “I Wanna Dance With Somebody.” With her crimped hair and ruffled skirt, she looked like a real life statuesque Barbie to ’80s babies who continue to adore her! And no one will ever forget her suit in the show-stopping swan song, “I Will Always Love You.” In ball gowns or leather dresses, Whitney was always timeless, stellar, and one of a kind.
Let’s celebrate Whitney with 7 of her most fashionable videos.
“I Wanna Dance With Somebody”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past