Elle Varner is anything but imperfect. We were on hand last night at the songbird’s NYC showcase, celebrating the release of her debut album, Perfectly Imperfect. If her effortless vocals weren’t enough of an audible treat, Elle kept the crowd swaying with beatbox-assisted renditions of R&B gems. She took us back with an island-tinged cover of Brandy’s “I Wanna Be Down,” and no one could resist singing along when she gave us some of Frank Ocean’s “Thinking About You.” After the show, she stuck around and signed autographs for all of her fans. What a doll. Perfectly Imperfect is in stores now.
A star is born! Watch Elle blend old school Brandy with her track, “I Don’t Care,” for the crowd below.
StyleBlazers, are you loving soul music’s newest shining star?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)