Sarah McLachlan was adopted by a couple in Nova Scotia, Canada. She learned she was adopted when she was 9.
After his parents put him in a reform and orphanage for being unruly, Babe Ruth had many father figures through his life, including a Catholic monk. He was then adopted by the Baltimore Orioles owner Jack Dunn.
Priscilla Presley was adopted by her stepfather after her biological father died in a plane crash and her mother remarried.
Bill Clinton was adopted as a child by his stepfather when his father died in a car accident just before he was born. He is one of two presidents who have been adopted.
Marilyn Monroe's mother was unstable and was institutionalized when she was quite young. Marilyn was in at least nine different foster homes until she was adopted by a family friend.
John Lennon was adopted and raised by his aunt and uncle after his dad disappeared and his mom was seen as unfit by the rest of the family.
Steve Jobs' parents put him up for adoption as a newborn as they were unmarried and unprepared at the time but he learned he had a biological sister once his parents got married and was said to be very close to her before his death.
Country singer Faith Hill was adopted when she was just one week old but eventually met her biological mom in 1993.
Ice-T, who was born as Tracy Marrow, was adopted by his aunt when both of his parents died during his childhood.
Nelson Mandela was raised by his parents in his early years until his father died at the age of 9. He was informally adopted by the Thembu chief, Jongintaba.
DMC of Run DMC, born Darryl McDaniels, was adopted as a child and only found out he was adopted when he was 35.
Deborah Harry (Blondie)
Allan Pineda Lindo (apl.de.ap)
Allan Pineda Lindo of the Black Eyed Peas was adopted at the age of 14.
Famous guitarist Eric Clapton was raised and informally adopted by his grandparents as they were his parental figures.
Liz Phair and her brother were adopted at a young age but she has stated that she always knew she was adopted.
- StyleBlazer Beauty DIY: Hot Ombre Nails In 7 Easy Steps (Try This At Home Now!)
- 14 Celebs Who Rocked A One-Piece & Made Us Do A Double Take (Who Needs Bikinis?)
- 15 Celebrities Who Have Successfully Branded A Fragrance (They’re Really About Their Business)
- 15 Celebrities Who Adopted (Brangelina, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, & More)
- 14 Celebrity Engagements That Went Nowhere (Cold Feet Galore!)
- 14 Female Celebs Who Rocked Some Outlandish Makeup Part.2 (Is It Overkill Or Fierce?)
- 14 Female Celebs and Their Insane Shoe Game (Check Out These Wild Pairs)
- Lights, Camera, Love! 14 Celebrities Who Dated/Married Their Co-Stars Pt. 2