The acceptance of curvaceous, plus size models has come a long way. There was a time when magazines would not dare have a full figured size model on the cover, but things have changed. The fashion industry has finally understood that today the average size of woman is a size 12, not a 0. So they have made room for women with real curves alongside the Miss Twiggy’s of the industry. And now we see voluptuous, average sized women gracing the cover of fashion magazines.
Check out 20 of the hottest plus size models, past and present.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers