Just in time for the premiere of her movie “Sparkle,” Tika Sumpter chills out in a spread for Rolling Out online magazine. The Queens-native dons big curls, a cozy knit sweater and short-shorts for a youthful look. Representing a new wave of Black acting talent, they say Sumpter has the “It” quality in the midst of her peers.
Along with talking about her career and working with screenwriter, Mara Brock Akil for “Sparkle,” the 32-year-old actress delves into her relationship status, favorite desserts and her fashion taste.
“My perfect date is just a guy that takes control and plans everything,” she says. “I have to plan so much in my own life, so I wouldn’t want the responsibility of planning something fun. So I’m down for mostly anything, but a nice dinner or bowling would be great.”
Click through to see the complete shoot:
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night