Sparkle may have opened to mixed reviews, but the glitz and glamour of the movie didn’t miss a beat! Jordin Sparks, Tika Sumpter, and newcomer, Carmen Ejogo gave face, hair, and loads of inspirational sparkles throughout the movie. It may seem like the 2012 version of Dreamgirls, and just like that hit remake, the story is all about the hair and makeup! Our favorite scene in the movie (without giving too much away) included braids, bouffants, and smokey eyes.
It made us want to step back in the ’70s again… so much so, that we put together key beauty pieces for you to get the look! Check it out.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night