In the ’70s, women’s fashion was in an exploratory stage. Designers like Yves Saint Laurent and Halston, were playing with cuts, colors and prints in an attempt to redefine what women’s wear was. On top of the trends was the talented, Chaka Khan, who was never afraid to push the boundaries of fashion with sultry crop tops, fringed jeans, big hair and Afro-centric accessories. In this pic of her performing on Soul Train she’s wearing a sequin tube top, matching belt and high-waisted jeans. Even today, this complete outfit can be worn for a carefree summer day.
See how we re-made Khan’s look in this Steal the Style.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past