Haven’t we all prayed for a television revival of the smash hit sitcom A Different World? Well that just may happen if the shows director Debbie Allen gets her way. Allen who tweeted that the “@EBONYmag article about Different World made me really want to get back in the saddle with a that show…,” is calling upon the shows creators to bring it back on air. A remake of the iconic series would be just in time for its 25th year anniversary, and could mean an introduction to a completely new cast of fashionable characters.
StyleBlazers, lets keep our fingers crossed. In the mean time here’s an ode to one of the sitcom’s most stylish characters!
Hillman’s ultimate southern belle, Whitley Gilbert, did more than expound upon her infinite wisdom of the finer things in life during her four years. This style and beauty maven was one of the first during the ’80s and ’90s to flaunt expensive “Chanel chic” designer labels and ritzy accessories. Whitley Gilbert epitomized dressing to the nines with an unapologetic elegance. No matter if she was going to “The Pitt” to catch up with friends or out with her boo Dwayne, Ms. Relax, Relate, Release was always impeccably dressed. A true icon, fashion was who she was.
Be sure to shop the look from our Whitley inspired style guide.
Vintage Turtle Neck Top
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)