About This Episode
Kevan Hall is a celebrated American fashion designer. Mr. Hall and his designs have been featured in magazines, national TV shows, and his work has been worn by celebrities such as Tia Mowry, Renée Zellweger, Debra Messing and Vanessa Williams.
Born and raised in Detroit, Hall studied design at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and received the Peacock Award for Outstanding Fashion Design. In 1982, he and his wife launched Kevan Hall Couture, a collection which “melded a more relaxed couture look with sensible pricing that pleased retailers like Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, I. Magnin, and other fine stores nationwide,” according to Hall’s official website.
Over the years, Hall’s been nominated for several prestigious honors, including the NAACP award for Great American Designer. In 2002, Hall launched his own signature line that “emphasizes purity of style, incomparable tailoring, and sensuously draped streamlined silhouettes”.
In the episode of How I Made It we speak exclusively with Kevan Hall as he reveals his passion and unwavering motivation to create beautifully crafted fashion couture.
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuel
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night