Should a fashion magazine be allowed to have exclusive access, during campaign season, to the President of the United States? Well, that’s the root of the question being asked about Glamour magazine’s recent high-profile interview. WWD reported that editor-in-chief, Cindi Leive sat down with President Barack Obama last month for an upcoming issue. Soon after political pundits put in their two cents. “Can’t wait to see what he thinks of the new fall collection. Next month, the Cosmo interview!” said National contributor Jim Geraghty. “The grumbling about Obama’s fluff interviews would be quieter if the country were in a time of peace and prosperity, or if he hadn’t gone close to eight weeks without a press conference,” Geraghty expanded in a follow-up e-mail.
In defense of the Prez, appearing in a women’s publication does appeal to a specific sect of independent women being overlooked by the GOP. And it is important to note that his wife, Michelle Obama, was one of Glamour’s Women of the Year in 2009, establishing an existing relationship between the administration and mag.
Do you think it was OK for the POTUS to speak to a fashion mag?
- Stars In The Sand: 20 Awkward Celebrity Beach Moments
- 20 Of The Hottest Plus Size Models, Past And Present (Celebrating Women With Curves!)
- 20 Multiracial Celebrities (Some May Surprise You!)
- Upgraded Style: 10 Celebs Who Got On And Got Right (Before And After Pics!)
- Summer In Swim: Kim Kardashian’s Bikini Moments (Cute Or Contrived?)
- StyleBlazer NYC Street Fashion Shots: Fancy Footwork
- 20 Hot White Guys Who Love Black Women! (Peep The Best Couples Past & Present)
- 14 Of The Most Airbrushed Celebrity Pics (See Before And Afters)
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!