Could it be? A famous mouse known for her trademark red and white polka dot dress and bow, turned all fashion on us and lost weight. Minnie Mouse and more Disney characters got a Barney’s New York makeover, as models for the high-end department store’s upcoming holiday season. Minnie rocks Lanvin, Mickey is in Balenciaga, and a host of other Disney favorites are draped in the hottest designers. Barney’s is pulling out all the stops to bring these animated lovelies to live. The new campaign includes a “moving art show,” in which they’ll walk in a fashion show, complete with revered photographers, make up artists, top fashion journalists, celebrities and socialites near the stage. According to Barney’s creative director, Dennis Freedman, ” the standard Minnie Mouse will not look so good in a Lanvin dress. There was a real moment of silence, because these characters don’t change. I said, ‘If we’re going to make this work, we have to have a 5-foot-11 Minnie,’ and they agreed. When you see Goofy, Minnie and Mickey, they are runway models.”
Check out more waifish Disney darlings below.
Daisy Duck in Dolce & Gabbana
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past