After wowing the crowd at Jay-Z’s Made in America Festival in Philadelphia over the weekend, Jill Scott stepped out in style in the name of philanthropy. The Philly native teamed up with ESSENCE for “Jill’s Joint,” an event to raise money and awareness for her charity organization, Blues Babe Foundation, and its scholarship fund. The organization’s mission is to afford young students the opportunities to achieve academic excellence. The stars were onhand to support her cause. She tweeted her thanks to Drake for his generous donation.
Always the “Golden” girl, Jill radiated in a royal blue dress, cinched at the waist with a black belt. Her lime green heels gave her ensemble an extra pop. Her asymmetrical bob gives her the perfect blend of edge and elegance. Work it, Jill.
Didn’t make it to Made In America? Check out Jill’s live performance of “Golden” after the jump!
(All Photos Shot Exclusively By Nastassia Davis for StyleBlazer)
- Beauty How-To: Score The Right Red Lip Color For Your Complexion (Find The Vampy Shade That’s Just For You!)
- Kim Kardashian Poses For V Magazine (And Compares Reality TV To Rap Music??)
- StyleBlazer Time Machine: Whitley Gilbert Vintage Style Icon
- StyleBlazer Survey: MAC Viva Glam Nicki vs. Wet n’ Wild Pinkerbell (Would You Splurge Or Steal This Pretty Pink Lip Color?)
- Steal The Style: La La Anthony’s Casual Leopard Look (Casual, Comfy And Hot!)
- Tiny Stars: Can You Guess Which Celebs These Babies Belong To?
- 9 Female Celebrities Who Look Better With Age: (You’ll Be Surprised To See Who Made The List!)
- Upgraded Style: 10 Celebs Who Got On And Got Right (With Before And After Pics)
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night