Hey StyleBlazers, welcome to Season 4 – Episode 3 of our exclusive web series, How I Made It.
About This Episode
Anthony Dickey is the celebrated hair stylist, author and creative genius behind hair rules, the book, salon and product line. A veteran in the hair care industry, Dickey discovered early on his calling for styling hair and he knew he needed to be in New York to live out this creative dream of his.
For the first 10 years of Dickey’s tenure in New York he worked as a freelance hair stylist, but it was during this time that he mastered the art of working with and understanding different hair textures. He is author of Hair Rules: The Ultimate Hair-Care Guide for Women With Kinky, Curly, or Wavy Hair, in which he dispels the myths about beauty that are deeply rooted in historical and social experiences.
“Dickey feels the issues surrounding textured hair should be less about social division and more about defining standards and products so that the mainstream perception about beauty can evolve and reflect the real world,” according to hair rules official site.
“Inspired by the success of his book and the enthusiastic response from women around the world, Dickey launched hair rules, a solutions-oriented line of cleansers, conditioning treatments and styling aids specifically geared to the special needs of kinky, curly and wavy hair,” according to hair rules official site.
In this episode of How I Made It, Anthony Dickey inspires women and challenges the hair care industry to embrace a different view point when it comes to defining Beauty.
WATCH MORE HOW I MADE IT:
- Episode 1: Senior Writer, Newsweek/Daily Beast, Allison Samuel
- Episode 2: Fashion Designer Kevan Hall
- Episode 3: Curl Connoisseur Anthony Dickey
- Episode 4: Photographer Marc Baptiste
- Episode 1: Fashion Critic Robin Givhan
- Episode 2: Celebrity Makeup Artist Sam Fine
- Episode 3: Designer and Stylist Alexis Phifer
- Episode 4: Writer and Editorial Director, Kierna Mayo
- Episode 1: Alek Wek
- Episode 2: Deidre Jefferies
- Episode 3: Beverly Johnson
- Episode 4: Laura Smalls
- Deleted Scenes: Sydne Bolden Long
- Deleted Scenes: Mikki Taylor