Everyone remembers Teyana Taylor from her episode of MTV’s My Super Sweet 16 and the rad tricked-out bike she wanted. Well the G.O.O.D. Music artist is all grown up, and covers VIBE Vixen‘s debut digital September fashion issue, rockin’ studs and army fatigue. In the feature, Teyana relishes about the lessons she has learned from her label mates and how she combats the rumors of her preference and not maintaining her innocence. She also gives deets about the “Her Room” remix she hopped on last year. But aren’t we still waiting for an album?
She defends her style and being a role model for young girls:
“I do think the way I dress and the way I brand myself–I’m very proud of myself that I can inspire young girls. If you have a body, embrace it. You ain’t always got to be Hot. Sometimes less is more. Like less make up is more. If I want to be in Jordans, a half top and shorts then that’s what I’m going to wear. Call me gay, call me what you want to…And now everybody is doing it.”
Teyana claims to be more covered up these, days, but we all remember the buzz she got a few weeks back for her photo-shoot with Lance Gross, when she recreated Janet Jackson‘s iconic t0pless Rolling Stone cover.
StyleBlazers, what do you think of Teyana’s VIBE Vixen cover?
- Breaking News: Rihanna Cuts Hair, New Short Pixie Cut (We Luvv It!)
- The ‘Love & Hip-Hop ATL’ Glam Squad Gives The Scoop On The Ladies’ Hair And Makeup Secrets!
- Adorable Alert: Blue Ivy Carter Spotted With Jay-Z On A Yacht To Celebrate Mama Beyoncé’s Birthday! (Heart-Melting Photos Inside!)
- StyleBlazer Spotted: Beyoncé & Jay-Z At Made In America Festival
- Six Mega Trends Of Summer 2012 (Should They Continue Through The Fall?)
- 50 Shades: H&M Gets Dark for Divided Grey Collection (Peep Before You Shop!)
- StyleBlazer Curvy Closet: Shopping Tips For The Fashionable Ladies With Lots To Love (Get Curvy On A Dime!)
- Fashion Designer Kevan Hall: “How I Made It” Season 4 – Episode 2