Exclusivity made it difficult for many African Americans and Blacks to break into the fashion industry. But many have paved the way into the industry as editors, writers, designers, stylists and executives. Here are 20 blacks who have become influencers in the fashion industry.
André Leon Talley
Often spotted in his signature black cape, André Leon Talley is the former American Editor-at-large for Vogue. He now works as a contributing editor.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night