“Some fairy tales end with the girl marrying the prince… some start there” read at the top of Diane von Furstenberg‘s program notes. And a fairy tale is what the designer delivered, whipping up a whimsical, bohemian-inspired Spring 2013 collection filled with colorblocking, sequin, silk and neon printed caftans and wrap dresses paired over trousers. Models stomped down the runway in platform sandals, chained-ankle sandal-pumps and sweet peep-toe pumps, while gripping the collection’s accompanying handbags for accessory combinations matching its paired look precisely. But the real added appeal—in a collaboration with Google, DVF models wore lens-less Google Glasses down the runway giving each look a futuristic feel. Diane von Furstenberg’s collections keep getting better with each season.
Check out these whimsical looks from DVF’s Spring 2013 collection below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night