According to a new study in the Clinical Plastic Surgery Journal, tweezers and thin eyebrows are out! Their enlightening findings found that arched eyebrows will be obsolete over time. Why? Because we’re dropping em’ thick and low… no seriously, over the past 60 years our ideal eyebrow has moved closer and closer to the eye.
Scientists believe that more equal opportunities have subconsciously motivated women to get more masculine eyebrows (yes, masculine) that have less of a curve and peak.
“Upward curvature of the eyebrows was considered to be an attractive feminine feature in the past,” Mark Soldin, the spokesman for the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons told the Independent. “We are finding that more and more women are looking for a flatter, straighter, more masculine look. I think it has to do with the increasing equality of the sexes. Women are subconsciously favoring a masculine brow.”
So in honor of our ‘independence’ and gradual eyebrow fullness, we’ve put together a quick timeline of the changing shape of the eyebrow.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey