Balenciaga’s Nicolas Ghesquiere is all about enhancing a woman’s silhouette and making her feel beautiful in her clothes. After all, isn’t that the goal of fashion? The designers’ 2012 resort collection is stocked with voluminous “umbrella skirts,” shimmering Indian embroidered trousers and bat sleeve tops blasted with abstract art. The prints are daring, fabrics luxurious and feminine cuts true to the Parisian fashion house’s signature style. Zimbabwean beauty, Nyasha Matonhodze, was the token black model in the 20-piece runway show. Matonhodze’s two-tone visor which was perfectly paired with every look, offered a sporty edge to Balenciaga’s grown-up designs.
-Metanoya Z. Webb
See some of our Favorite Looks in the slideshow below:
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos
- 15 Of the Most Surprising Things Celebs Have Said
- Red Carpet Rundown: The Best Looks Of The 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards
- Married and Barely Legal: 15 Celebs That Got Married Before 21
- Where Are They Now? 15 Rappers Who Fell Off the Map
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Jordana Brewster, Hollis Wakeema And More!)
- The 15 StyleBlazer Closets We'd Love to Peek Into!