Eleven years after her death, the late R&B phenom Aaliyah‘s influence on both style and music is as strong as ever. Supermodel Sessilee Lopez dons the icon’s most notable ’90s fashions in the October issue of The Block Magazine. The editorial spans the 15 year old Aaliyah’s early bandanna and shades style in ’94, to the mature slinky crops and baggy Versace pants of her “Rock The Boat” era. Shot by Bruno Staub and styled by Andreas Kokkino, Sessilee brings Aaliyah’s vintage sweet but street style into 2012, just in time for fall.
Check out Sessilee’s adaptation below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night