Looks like Naomi Campbell is taking a few notes from Tyra Banks on the TV front. The model turned producer is launching a new fashion-based reality TV show “The Face” on the Oxygen Network. The competition will feature three teams of aspiring models (24 girls in total), who will compete to become the face of Ulta’s fall and holiday 2013 ad. Fashion photographer Nigel Barker is set to host the show with special cameos from models Karolina Kurková and Coco Rocha. We hear that designers Marc Jacobs and Zac Posen may even make a little appearance on the show.
Photo: Oxygen Network
During casting Naomi Campbell said in a press release, “I’m looking for a model with a fearless spirit who can completely transform like a chameleon and take you on a unique journey that makes you believe that even the impossible is possible.” The winner will also get to represent Ulta at Fashion Week next year, make in-store public appearance and blog about beauty tips. The show is set to air early 2013.
Will you be tuned in? Or are we over seeing models battle it out on TV?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Styleblazer Beauty: The Best (And Chicest) Beauty Products For Breast Cancer Awareness (Shop Them All!)
- SB Celebrates Barack and Michelle Obama’s 20th Anniversary: Head Of State, Head Of Style, Head Of Love!
- StyleBlazer TV Exclusive: Reel Street Style Fashion Flashback to NYFW Lincoln Center Show-Goers (Part 2)
- Celebs Dress-Up For Halloween (Get Your Costume Inspiration HereL Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Gabrielle Union & More)
- Pamela Love Makes Footwear Debut With Nine West (Peep Jewelry Designer’s Mean Boot Game!)
- Good Style: 19 Of The Best Dressed Fashion Magazine Editors
- Look Here! A Behind-The-Scenes Look At Maison Margiela For H&M
- Video Premiere: Solange Jams Out In Capetown For “Losing You Video” (The Cool, Calm & Eclectic Knowles