Photo: Courtesy of Belk Inc.
Carolina Panthers’ quarterback Cam Newton has garnered a lot of attention this year, not only for his amazing football skills, but also because of his boyishly charming good looks. Just last month he had a spread in the September GQ and now, the 23-year-old has men’s wear collection on the way. According to WWD, Belk Inc. will start selling an exclusive men’s collection of suits, sport coats and sportswear called Made Cam Newton in the spring. By fall 2013, the collection will be carried in all 133 stores and on belk.com– meaning this is a HUGE deal for the NFL rookie.
“He’s not a designer but he has a very strong sense of style,” Kathryn Bufano, Belk’s president and chief merchandising officer told WWD. “He wants to set an example for young people that looking sharp gives you more confidence.” Items will be priced at entry-level; $28 T-shirts, $120 blazers, khakis for $60, and suits around $200. Newton, who approached the Charlotte-based company about the deal, was excited about the line calling it a “dream come true.”
Do you think Cam is a fashion trendsetter?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Styleblazer Beauty: The Best (And Chicest) Beauty Products For Breast Cancer Awareness (Shop Them All!)
- SB Celebrates Barack and Michelle Obama’s 20th Anniversary: Head Of State, Head Of Style, Head Of Love!
- StyleBlazer TV Exclusive: Reel Street Style Fashion FLashback to NYFW Lincoln Center Show-Goers (Part 2)
- Celebs Dress-Up For Halloween (Get Your Costume Inspiration HereL Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Gabrielle Union & More)
- Pamela Love Makes Footwear Debut With Nine West (Peep Jewelry Designer’s Mean Boot Game!)
- Good Style: 19 Of The Best Dressed Fashion Magazine Editors
- Look Here! A Behind-The-Scenes Look At Maison Margiela For H&M
- Video Premiere: Solange Jams Out In Capetown For “Losing You Video” (The Cool, Calm & Eclectic Knowles)