When we spotted two of our fave celebs, Jay-Z and Miguel, rocking Deer Dana t-shirts, we knew this NYC line had received the ultimate cosigns. This past weekend when Jay-Z took the NYC subway to his final concert at Barclays Center, he rode in style rocking the line’s Jean-Michel Basqiuat tee. And last week as Miguel made press rounds at 106 & Park, he donned the Grace Jones tee, part of the special collaboration series that he did with Deer Dana, that also includes the Sade Tee.
Dana Veraldi and Kevin Tekinel, the geniuses behind the brand, got their start by sketching famous faces and plastering them on comfy cotton tees. While the brand’s formula hasn’t changed much, their popularity has risen leaps and bounds. Deer Dana’s hand drawn designs have immortalized the faces of Ricky Rozay, President Barack Obama, fashion photographer Bill Cunningham, Frida Kahlo and Pablo Picasso. With such a range of pop culture icons of the fashion world, art history and the rap scene, you’re bound to find at least three or four of personal icon tees that you’ll want to cop.
Click through to check out some our personal faves and shop all of Deer Dana’s amazing t-shirts online.
Photo: John Ricard / BET
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models