Solange Knowles was interviewed by The Cut at the recent “Absolut Tune” party at the Top of the Standard and, inevitably, the subject of fashion came up. When asked if she’d ever start her own line the singer said, “Honestly, I would never do anything like that — there’s so many talented designers that have such a massive skill and have been working on it for so long.” Adding, “I’ve been approached a few times. It’s really a matter of the timing being right. There’s obviously a lot on my plate now, and my son is a high priority on my list.”
We totally respect this. For real. There’s nothing more important than raising children in a stable and good home. But, we have fantasized about So-lo having her own colorful, eclectic clothing line with tons of printed blouses and mini shorts.
If she ever reconsiders becoming a designer, we have five reasons why it’s totally doable. Click through and find out why here!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night