What’s the 411, hun? Mary J. Blige’s multi-platinum debut album celebrated its 20th anniversary earlier this summer. If we still had a CD player, we would have popped in the classic disc for old time’s sake, but we’ll settle for downloading it on iTunes. And, while we “reminisce on the love we had” for What’s the 411?, we’re also reminiscing on the Queen of Hip Hop Soul’s fly ’90s fashions. It was a time when bigger was better, and Mary rocked boxy leather jackets, oversized jerseys, baggy jeans, baseball caps, and combat boots. Now that we think about it, baseball caps and combat boots have made a full comeback. Right about now, I bet we all wish we’d held on to those Doc Martens! Just for fun, we decided to revisit a few of MJB’s ’90s ensembles, and update them for 2012.
Click through to get the 411 on MJB’s early 90’s style remixed for 2012!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!