Stunning funny girl Sofia Vergara is one of three TV leading ladies tapped for Glamour UK‘s 2012 TV Special issue. There’s no question that the Colombian sensation has left a huge impact on the millions of Americans who tune in to her hit ABC comedy Modern Family, but she’s made a huge splash across the pond as well. After all, she isn’t the highest paid actress on television for no reason. Glamour UK‘s November issue also includes covers featuring Mad Men‘s Christina Hendricks and Downton Abbey‘s Jessica Brown Findlay. In the issue, available now, Sofia dishes on playing Gloria, making her way through the industry despite being underestimated because of her looks and her fiance. We adore the white lacey Dolce & Gabbana dress she’s rocking on the cover!
Click through for more pics and excerpts from the interview.
Don’t doubt her because she’s beautiful:
“Look, I’m 40 years old and have been in the entertainment industry for 23 years. I know there is always someone younger and prettier on teh horizon, so if you don’t have anything else to fall back on, you’re long gone. I don’t feel the need to apologize for my looks – I always took advantage of the doors they opened for me. Likewise, I never felt I had to prove my intelligence or how business-minded I am.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past