Angela Christine is a celebrity hair stylist best known for her role on WeTV’s “LA Hair,” a reality show that focused on celebrity hair stylist Kim Kimble and the stylists that worked in her salon. Angela, a Chicago-native until she moved to LA two years ago, talked with us about her journey to celebrity hair styling as well as what she’s learned from the TV show. Find out how this beauty managed to go from doing hair on the South Side of Chicago to celebrity clients like Rita Ora in Hollywood.
StyleBlazer: How long have you been in the hair industry?
Angela Christine: I’ve been a professional hairstylist since 2006, but I’ve been a freelance hairstylist for the past two years in Los Angeles.
SB: When did you decide that you wanted to be in the hair industry, and what inspired you to take it on as a profession?
AC: Hair styling was a gift I was given. Since childhood, I’ve always had a natural affinity for hair and beauty, so it was only natural to embrace it as a career. With the support of my family, I enrolled in cosmetology school in 2005 and the rest is history.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past