Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com
Although the latest James Bond flick Skyfall hasn’t hit theaters yet, reports are already swirling as to who will fill will step into Agent 007′s shoes when Daniel Craig retires. And now word has it that the fine chocolate UK man candy Idris Elba may be the first black James Bond. We’re excited to see him put his English accent to good use in this role. Idris broke onto the scene in the HBO series The Wire as Stringer Bell and also starred in American Gangster and Takers.
If Idris does land the iconic role, he’s made it clear that he wants to bring more to the role than the obvious: ”I just don’t want to be the black James Bond. Sean Connery wasn’t the Scottish James Bond, and Daniel Craig wasn’t the blue-eyed James Bond, so if I played him, I don’t want to be called the black James Bond.”
We’ll have to wait and see if Idris will become the next 007, but we think he is definitely up to the job.
Check out these steamy photos of Idris and tell us if you think he is smooth enough for the part.
Photo: Getty Images
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films