All of the Gabby Douglas hair haters are officially silenced! The 16-year-old Olympic gold medalist is simply one word on the cover of December’s Essence Magazine: Gorgeous!
Gabby’s black shiny tresses are laid and flowing free like a mermaid and she rocks a cute, age-appropriate and festive black tube dress with a shimmery metallic gold bow. Not to mention the addition of her first-place gold medal wrapped around her neck.
The talented gymnast and role model is beaming about the honor:
In my dreams I didn’t think about how many shows I would be on and how many people would tweet me…it’s so cool!
Gabby covers the 2012 “Women Of The Year ” issue alongside the First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama, Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts and other notable women.
Click through to check out more great photos of one of the most inspiring young women of the year.
Photo: Getty Images
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past