“Friends, Romans, [fashionably clad] countrymen, lend me your ears, I come to bury [UGG boots], not to praise it.” The fashion fad is going the way of so many before it, it is dying a slow, and financially painful death. The company’s sales are down 31% and it’s expecting a 14% drop in sales this quarter. A decrease in sales during the cold winter months, when profits should be at a high for the company, is a sign of certain death. Although, it’s not for lack of trying on their part. They’ve bought ads in fashion publications and tried their hand at expanding their product line, but seemingly to no avail. Seems UGG boots weren’t made to withstand the test of time like we thought.
Check out the other popular fashion fads that have faded or fallen.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process