Last month, we gave you 20 plaid shopping finds that would leave you looking less like a farmer and more on trend. Now that temps have dropped and the winter weather is really starting to move in, we want to walk you through how to wear the pieces you’ve already picked up or plan to purchase later. Wearing the rustic trend isn’t much different from wearing plaid, except pieces are either made from flannel and/or have a buffalo check print like traditional lumberjack attire. But don’t worry, we found nine hot pieces that will leave you looking less like Paul Bunyan and more like a tartan trailblazer.
Update your wardrobe with 9 plaid picks and our styling tips below.
Tops & Dresses
Try mixing patterns by pairing this checkered shirt with a herringbone bottom in a muted shade.
This vest is a great layering staple for its stylish appeal packed with practicality.
Throw on this bomber with your everyday wear for a refreshing alternative to your usual winter outerwear.
This fringe and fur poncho would look great layered over denim, leather, or add appeal to an all black ensemble.
If you don’t want to get too rugged, this textured dress is chic and cold weather-ready when paired with tights.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night