It’s been little over a week since Hurricane Sandy touched down on the tri-state area devastating thousands of Americans. In an effort to get support to those in need, fashion companies have stepped up to the plate donation millions. Ralph Lauren plans to donate $2 million to efforts with $1 million going to the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City and the other $1 million to different non-profits.
Also apart of the giving tree is Coach who pledged to donate $2 million to the American Red Cross, Gap Inc. giving $1 million in clothing and cash, Target giving $500,000 in cash donations, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.giving $1.5 million different non-profits and a slew of other retailers who will as well.
We only hope with all the generosity, help will come to those in need as soon as possible. If you’d like to give as well go here for more details.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied