Photo: (R) Kyle Blair/WENN, (L) Apega/WENN
We don’t have to tell you that white and black is a thing in fashion right now. The high contrast color combo is one of the easiest ways to make a bold statement. So when we saw Twilight star Kristen Stewart on the L.A red carpet premiere of her new movie, On The Road, we loved her approach to the trend: clean lines, architectural cuts and fine tailoring in her crop top and high-waist trousers.
When Rihanna was snapped on the pink carpet of this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, we fell for the ‘Unapologetic’ singer’s white and black ensemble with her usual feminine appeal: a slinky midriff bearing top, and an easy fit high waist pencil skirt.
Rih Rih’s pink carpet look definitely gave us de ja vu for Kristen Stewart’s recent red carpet look. The two young stars wore inverted versions of the black/white color combination featuring cropped tops, pointed toe pumps, ponytail and deep vampy lips. Though both looks were ultra modern, naturally, Kristen’s look had a masculine edge, while Rihanna was all about playing up those feminine influences.
Photo: (L) PNP/WENN, (R) FayesVision/WENN
But which Hollywood cookie blazed their black and white ensemble better?!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past