Hair breakage is never wanted, but often occurs—especially during cold weather when the wind, snow and wool from clothing is constantly making it brittle and more susceptible to breakage. Thank goodness Celebrity Hairstylist and Beauty Director of Pynk Magazine Pat Sumpter Davis is here to rescue us from what we all dread. Pat Sumpter Davis has more than 20 years of experience in beauty and hair care, which includes mentoring at the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center of the Phoenix House Career Academy in New York City and giving beauty advice in her online column “Ask Pat” on Pynkmg.com. She has been styling celebrities for approximately 8 years and current clients including Gayle King, Nene Leakes, Basketball Wives Jennifer Williams and Tamron Hall. Now, she’s giving StyleBlazer tips on how to care for your hair this fall and winter.
StyleBlazer: What are some tips on how to treat and style colored, relaxed and natural hair during cold weather?
Pat Sumpter Davis: The most important thing to remember when caring for color-treated hair, relaxed hair, or natural hair during cold weather is moisture, moisture, moisture! During the next few months, most people will complain about their hair and scalp being dry, but when you think about it, the skin is very dry also, so it’s appropriate to have a dry scalp because it’s an extension of the body’s skin.
Turn the page for more tips on things you can do to care for your hair this winter.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night